Maggam work or Aari work has flourished from the times of the Mughals. The main tool used in this type of embroidery is a hooked needle also known as the aari, hence the name. This design has recently become a rage. It was mostly the fashion trend of the South but with the growing awareness of traditional values, many modern-day brides prefer flaunting maggam work blouse designs.
The intricate and beautiful designs from the ancient days still have their charm and authenticity. The patterns and motifs have designs that are inspired by nature, lending this work a very traditional appeal. The right blend of beads, zaris, silk threads, and sequins make a piece of art that is a treat for the eyes.
If you too are planning to get your hands on a maggam work blouse, have a look at these inspirations.
- This blouse in purple looks beautiful with motifs in the shape of deer.
- Another beautiful piece with peacock motifs in green on a golden silk fabric
- A stunning piece with heavy maggam work on the sleeves using golden zari is the perfect design to choose for a wedding.
- Modern yet traditional, this blouse design sure is one of our favorites.
- Pretty in pink, this maggam work blouse looks divine on a white saree.
- The deep cut, the tassels, the beads everything about this maggam work blouse is just striking.
- Perfect one for a festive occasion, this blouse has very dense and intricate maggam work on it.
- The perfect blouse design for a bride, this quirky one is a masterpiece.
- A simple yet elegant, this design is one of the most common ones and has an exclusive charm of its own.
- A soothing design in a floral pattern, this design on a lavender fabric is sure the one for a day time event.
- Declare your love for your beau wearing this trendy blouse with designs that shout about the feelings of bride madly in love with the groom-to-be.
- Bridal ensembles require heavy work and this style surely is an inspiration.
- A charming style, this maggam work with peacock motifs is everything glamorous.
- Heavy work on sleeves and a little bit on the neckline has a timeless appeal.
- The deep neck with maggam work bordering looks classy and elegant.
- The jewel sleeves design is a perfect pick for a happening party in town.
- An exquisite style, this design is for the bold and beautiful.
- Match this blouse with a chiffon saree and you are going to be the cynosure of all eyes.
- Delicate and striking, this design is perfect for semi-casual events.
- Flaunt your back with this astonishing blouse with maggam work in golden and red.