With so many weddings and functions to attend all the time, styling ourselves differently for each of them takes some serious thought and effort. How do we make our favorite ensemble for the wedding season -the lehenga choli- look different every time we wear it? Not everybody has the kind of cash to invest in different pieces for every occasion. So what then can we do differently with our lehengas? Styling with assorted accessories and draping our dupattas differently of course! For this very reason, we’ve compiled for you a list of easy lehenga dupatta draping styles that are trending to make things easier:
Lehenga Dupatta Draping Styles:
1. Dupatta draped in saree style and open on arm
Drape your lehenga dupatta like a half saree and look your most elegant self in your favourite lehengas!
2. Dupatta over one shoulder and pinned to skirt at back with triangular pleats at the bottom
For ladies who don’t want to bare it all with their net dupattas; a great idea is to drape it diagonally on one shoulder in the front and then pin it to the back of your skirt, forming triangular pleats on the bottom. You can opt for a waistbelt for a more stylish drape!
3. Dupatta draped in a triangle or U shaped across the chest
Dupattas draped around the body with a V or U shaped front look extremely graceful too!
4. Dupatta draped open over one shoulder and crossed over to the wrist
We love this majestic looking open drape on one shoulder and then crossing over from the front to the other side wrist!
5. Dupatta draped like a cape
Drape your dupatta like a cape from behind, on both the shoulders. Extremely in vogue right now! This style is a favourite among celebs like Sonam Kapoor and Kareena Kapoor.
6. Dupatta falling straight from one shoulder; other end tied onto the waist from behind on the other side
This is another favorite amongst everybody! Look like a royal in this style of dupatta drape.
7. Dupatta in thin pleats draped diagonally from back to front
Thin pleats look extremely aesthetic on most lehenga designs. Try it out for your next wedding or family function. You’re sure to receive tons of compliments
8. Dupatta pleated on one shoulder
Such a simple draping style yet so classy and elegant! Keep your pleats a open at the bottom or shorten the length of your dupatta fabric in the front to go for a Gujarati style dupatta.
9. Dupatta draped open over one arm and then crossed over the chest in a diagonal
This stylish drape will keep you warm and cozy during the winter months. Don’t shy away, it looks incredibly unique and sophisticated!
10. Dupatta draped in front with cowl gather
Cow gathers look extremely feminine and pretty with lehenga dupattas. Perfect for those who want to stay a bit more covered.
11. Dupatta pinned to both sides and left open in the front
This style of draping dupatta on both shoulders and leaving it completely open in the front is so simple and yet so stylish!
12. Dupatta left open on one shoulder and gathered at the other in a diagonal drape
Loving this diagonal draping style that will leave everyone envying your style.
13. Dupatta with pleats on one shoulder and cinched with waistbelt
Look chic with neat pleats on one shoulder and belted at the waist with a matching embroidery belt.
14. Dupatta pleated over one shoulder and taken over the other side wrist
Another lovely draping style that looks extremely regal. Will make you feel like a woman again!
15. Dupatta draped over the back of both shoulders
Be a boss with this unique draping style over the back that looks so ultra-modern!
16. Dupatta brought over the head to front of one side shoulder and tied to wrist
Look demure and pretty with this over the head draping style!
17. Dupatta draped Sabyasachi style
Popularized by designer Sabyasachi, this style of draping lehenga dupattas is extremely voguish.
18. Dupatta taken over one arm and brought around from back on other side arm
Carry your dupatta with poise with this one shoulder draping style that is so on trend right now!
19. Dupatta worn over elbows
Look pretty as a picture with this dupatta drape over the elbows. You’ll have everybody turning heads at your confidence, for sure!
20. Dupatta draped ‘U’ shaped over the chest, then brought over the head and on to the other shoulder
Go traditional with this over the head drape brought around and across the chest.
Be sure to try out these draping styles and let us know how you liked them!