Salwar Kameez and Kurta Sets are the new ethnic wear getaway from sarees. Palazzo, chudidaar, dhoti or salwar – kurta sets can ultimately turn boring. Bored of your same old Kurta sets? Want to jazz it up a little? We definitely aren’t celebs who can afford a new outfit every day. Why not get a little creative and revamp your old kurta sets? Our celebrities give us new fashion goals almost every day. Here’s your time to put all the celebrity clothes stalking to brilliant use.
There are so many styles and ways that we can convert our boring kurtas into. And we bring you some amazing ideas that you could try to add a little twist of fun to them.
Scroll away and try it out –
Mix and Match of Ethnic Wear
It’s no longer the trend of matching it all together anymore! The art of mix and match of ethnic wear caught on as a trend of late. What if it’s three different colors or patterns? It is a chic modern style!
- Throw in a different colored or patterned bottom wear with your kurta or vice versa.
- Up-cycle by turning your heavy Anarkali into a skirt and wear it with your kurta.
- Add a contrast-colored dupatta to your ensemble.
- Ditch salwar or palazzo for some dhoti or cigarette pants.
Tassels, Embroideries, and Up-cycle
Add little embellishments to your old ethnic wear and turn it into something new.
- Add tassels to your kurtas and dupattas and turn it into indo-western.
- Quirky embroideries or patches around necklines, sleeves or the hemline of your palazzo.
- Turn your boring dupatta into bell-sleeves for your kurta.
- Mirror work or applique work along the hemline and neck are great ideas too!
Jazz up with a Designer Dupatta
The best trick in the book! Jazz and up-cycle your ethnic wear with this simplest trick! Add a pop of color to your monotonous kurta set by adding a fresh dupatta!
- Banarasi Dupattas are currently trending. It adds poise and grace to your look.
- Add some oomph factor by opting for a multi-colored embroidered dupatta.
- Phulkari or chikankari dupattas work with every outfit.
- Mirror work or Gota Patti dupattas never go out of style.
Add Statement Pieces
Wondering what apart of jewellery you can add as a statement?
- Long shrugs and jackets can add a fun element to your kurta. Look at Shilpa Shetty and Madhuri Dixit – how effortlessly they pulled it off!
- Cut out your Anarkali and revamp it into a flared long shrug to add some fun vibe.
- You can belt-up your dupatta like Kriti Sanon. Stylish and chic ethnic wear!
- Embroidered blazers are the new thing! Pair it with your neutral tone Anarkali and look at how the magic works.
- You can ditch dupattas and pair your ethnic wear with some silk/satin scarves around your neck.